Project Manager: Lali Shalvashvili
Donor Agency: Open Society Georgia Foundation
Project Duration: 01.02.09 - 31.07.09
The project1 aims to support establishment of efficient self-governance institute in the country through support of civic involvement, public awareness and accountability.
Main objectives of the project1 are as follows:
- Study of statutes/regulations of the self-governance units with regards to civic involvement;
- Study of level of observance of civil involvement regulations in self-governance unit statutes/regulations;
- Detection of reasons of insufficient civic involvement in activities of self-governance bodies;
- Study of activities of the donor and non-governmental organizations directed at improvement of the field.
- Elaboration of recommendations.