Project Manager: Vazha Salamadze
Donor Agency: MSI
Project Duration: 07.05.13 - 31.12.13
Civil Society Institute is implementing a project "Civil Society for Participatory Self-Government". The project aims at developing an urban development strategic plan for the self-governing city of Batumi as well as improving and promoting existing mechanisms of engaging citizens in self-governance and channels of citizens' cooperation. The project works in three main directions to achieve the aims:
Strengthening and promoting "Council of Civil Advisors" and "Civil Councils";
Development of an urban development strategic plan for the self-governing city of Batumi;
- Organizing public meetings;
- Identification/advocacy of problems faced by the city;
- Development of a web-page for the Council of Civil advisors (www.marte.ge);
- Development and distribution of a budgetary calendar.
Facilitating engagement of citizens in the discussion process of Draft 2014 Budget of the self-governing city of Batumi
- Public meetings with the population of all 13 districts of the self-governing city of Batumi;
- Focus Group Discussion (architects, urbanists, developers, designers and representatives of other sectors of the society);
- Development of an urban development strategic plan.
- Research in all 13 districts of the self-governing city of Batumi in order to discuss a draft budget;
- Training of the members of the Civil Council in budgetary processes;
- Open Doors and public hearings in order to ensure accessibility and transparency of the budget of the self-governing city of Batumi.