Civil Society Institute (CSI), established in 1995, is one of the leading CSOs in Georgia, known for its broad scope of activities. CSI promotes the development of civil society and contributes to the country’s democratization through promoting values of democracy and the rule of law, supporting civic activism and inclusion of diverse social actors, and contributing to a better legal environment for civil society organizations.
Civil Society Institute announces the tender on creating and leading an online educational course on Civic Activism. The course serves the purpose of raising awareness on civic activism. It aims to educate young people, students, and participants interested in this topic regarding instruments of activism, so they know how to become active citizens and impact positive changes.
The tender is conducted in the framework of the project funded by the European Union (EU) and the Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS): “Civil Society STAR Initiative: CSOs as Sustainable, Transparent, Accountable and Resilient Development Actors in Georgia (hereinafter “the Project”).
The project aims to strengthen civil society as an independent, sustainable, transparent, and accountable development actor across Georgia.
The project has three specific objectives:
- To improve the political and financial framework and environment for the sustainable development of civil society in Georgia, and to promote a corporate social responsibility (CSR) culture.
- To reinforce the links between CSOs and their constituencies through the active promotion of civic values, participation, and community engagement.
- To build capacities of CSOs inclusively, in particular oversight and advocacy skills, and to institutionally strengthen the civil society sector countrywide.
The project is implemented by the Consortium led by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) and composed of the following CSOs: Center for Strategic Research and Development of Georgia (CSRDG), Civil Society Institute (CSI), Center for Training and Consultancy (CTC), Education Development and Employment Center (EDEC), and Institute for European Politics (IEP).
“The Civil Society STAR Initiative” builds on the experience and lessons learned of the EU-supported action “Georgian Civil Society Sustainability Initiative” (CSSIGE 2017-2020).
Purpose of the Online Course
Civic activism plays a significant role in developing democracy, good governance, and solving social issues. Active citizens often are the authors of progressive initiatives and leading the process of political, social, and economic changes. Such activism has a positive impact on specific cases and the improvement of the living environment in general.
The course will develop civic activism, raise awareness on this topic and equip the participants with practical skills. Participants will receive theoretical knowledge on civic activism (origin and history, its role in society’s development, forms of activism, etc.). The discussion will revolve around practical instruments of activism and include the case study, which will help their transformation into the initiators of positive changes. After students finish the course, they shall comprehend civic values and responsibilities, possess theoretical and practical knowledge of this topic, and be able to plan and execute various actions aimed to solve social problems.
The course will be performed in a manner of distance learning with the help of the online educational platform.
Information about the online Platform
Civil Society Institute has started the program of distance learning throughout the whole country of Georgia in 2014 and has organized the performance of eighteen different courses since then. The courses are conducted online and include video lectures, literature and, discussion of practical cases. They are launched on the online Platform www. e-learning.ge The duration of a single course does not exceed the period from two to three months.
The subject of the Procurement
Tender is announced on the creation of the online educational course “Civic Activism.” It includes the following: Creation of Syllabus, preparation of video lectures, and determination of study literature. Participants of the tender shall provide the concept of the course according to which the lecturer leads the courses. The Civil Society Institute will perform technical work related to filming and uploading the video lectures on the webpage.
Specifics of work, responsibilities, and obligations
Chosen natural/legal person or the initiative group, together with the team of the project, shall:
- Develop the concept of the course, create a syllabus, determine study and homework materials, and film the video lectures.
lead the learning process.
- monitor the participants during the course.
- Technical features of the course and the methodology
While performing services executor of the service shall consider the following:
- The duration of each video lecture shall vary between 30 to 45 minutes.
- The number of Lectures can vary according to the concept, however, they shall not exceed twelve.
- It is permitted to have more than one speaker or invited lecturers to cover specific themes.
- Each topic should cover the discussions about practical cases and their analysis.
- Study materials shall be in the Georgian language. Only additional resources can be in a foreign language.
- Practice-oriented homework shall be included in the program to develop the skills of critical analysis in participants. Evaluation is not part of this course as it is mainly oriented to increase motivation and competence in civic activism.
- Creation of the concept and syllabus
- Filmed video lectures
- Determination of study and homework materials
- Execution and finalization of the first round of courses in civic activism
- Relevant terms and timeline
Service shall be provided according to the following terms and within the following timeline:
- Syllabus and the study materials – July – August 2021
- Filming video lectures – August 2021
- Commencement of the courses – October-November 2021
Procedure for the participation
Applicants(Natural/Legal persons, Initiative Groups) wanting to participate in the tender shall provide the following:
- Description of the Experience (CV/Resume of the speakers
- Concept of the course
- The budget (Price for the creation of the course and price for leading the lectures shall be separately emphasized)(Budget shall be calculated in EUR, excluding VAT)
Legal persons must additionally provide:
- Extract from the registry of entrepreneurs and non-entrepreneurial (non-commercial) legal entities. (Made not earlier than one year before participation date)
- Tax comparison act (allowed in electronic form). The act must be obtained on the same day application is submitted or on the day before.
These documents must be submitted electronically by 18:00, not later than July 30, 2021, at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Evaluation of the applicants and the determination of the winner will happen according to the following criteria:
- experience – 30 Points
- Concept of course – 40 Points
- Budget – 30 points
Experience in leading the lectures and working with the camera is considered an advantage. Selected candidates might have to participate in the filming of a pilot version.
Only selected candidates will receive the notice from the organization.
For further information please address: TaTa Bochorishvili, 598 74 35 12, email@example.com